In recent, the latest Magento version “Magento 2.3.5” has been released on 28th April 2020. So definitely, it’s good news for Magento enriching communities after Magento 2.3.4 release.
As Magento is a popular eCommerce platform, it regularly improves its ability to adapt to higher performance and scalable demands. By using the latest Magento version, you will be able to use the latest technology and significantly increase your eCommerce store’s performance. So, here we go…
Magento Open Source 2.3.5 and Magento Commerce 2.3.5 release includes over 180 functional fixes and 25+ security enhancements. Check out Magento 2.3.5 Open Source Release Notes and Magento 2.3.5 Commerce Release Notes to witness and understand all the features and functionalities offered by the latest Magento 2.3.5 version.
Additionally, Magento has settled 46 issues reported by community members, including GitHub community, developers and agencies. Also, did core code clean up to minor clean up of core code to significant enhancements to Inventory Management and GraphQL.
The eCommerce technology experts recommend updating your Magento 2 store to the latest version because it not only boosts performance with the latest features but it enhances the security of your eCommerce Store, too. To make your business stand apart, from the competition, download Magento 2.3.5 now!
As a Magento developer, you must be wondering about the latest Magento 2.3.5 new features and enhancements.
Let’s take a deep dive…
Magento 2.3.5 with New Features
Magento 2.3.5-p1 or 2.3.4-p2 Security-Only Patch
With the help of New Security-only Patch, the merchant can install time-sensitive security fixes without applying several functional fixes. Explore in detail about this release at Magento Release Notes Security-only patch available.
Magento 2.3.5 Security Enhancements
With more than 25 security fixes this release will help in close remote code execution (RCE) and cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities. Content security policy (CSP) and Removal of session-id from URLs are two more security improvements in this version. Explore in detail about this at Magento Release Notes Substantial Security Enhancements.
- Elasticsearch 7.x supported
- Core integration of third-party payment methods got deprecated
- Core integration of the Signifyd fraud protection code got deprecated
- Upgrade of Symfony Components
- Migration of dependencies on Zend Framework to the Laminas project
Explore in detail about this at Magento Release Notes significant platform upgrades.
- This release introduces a new way of invalidating all customer sections data that avoids a known issue with local storage when custom sections.xml invalidations are active
- Multiple optimizations to Redis performance
Explore in detail about this at Magento Release Notes Performance boosts.
Enhancements in Infrastructure
- The PayPal Pro payment method now works as expected in the Chrome 80 browser.
- A PHPStan code analysis check has been integrated into Magento static builds.
Explore more about this at Magento Release Notes Magento Infrastructure Improvements.
Merchant Tool Enhancements
Page Builder for Magento Commerce 2.3.5
- Included Templates: Now, Page Builder has templates that can be created from existing content and applied to new content areas
- Video Backgrounds for Rows, Banners, and Sliders: Page Builder Rows, Banners, and Sliders now have the option to use videos for their backgrounds.
- Full Height Rows, Banners, and Sliders: Page Builder Rows, Banners, and Sliders now have the option to set their heights to the full height of the page.
- Content type upgrade library: We can now introduce new versions of Page Builder content types without introducing backward-incompatible issues with previous versions.
Explore in detail about this at Magento Release Notes Page Builder
Inventory Management enhancements for this release include:
- New extension point for SourceDataProvider and StockDataProvider
- Ability to view allocated inventory sources from the Orders list
With this release, you can now use products and categoryList queries to retrieve information about products and categories that have been added to a staged campaign. Explore in detail at GraphQL
PWA Studio 6.0.0 New Features:
- Launch of the PWA extensibility framework
- Caching and data fetching improvements
- Shopping cart components
Explore all the features in detail at Magento Release Notes PWA Studio
- Integration of Engagement cloud and Magento B2B
- Improved importer performance
Google Shopping Ads Channel
The Google Shopping Ads Channel bundled extension has reached end-of-life with this release. Google Shopping ads no longer supported with Magento 2.3.5 version.
Apart from these awesome features, the Magento 2.3.5 release also includes improvements in the vendor developed extensions like Klarna, Yotpo, and Vertex. Explore in detail about this at Magento Release Notes vendor-developed extension enhancements.
It’s not the end!
Magento 2.3.5 Release with Other Enhancements
- Improved Adobe Stock Integration
- Bundle product prices are now calculated correctly on the product pages
- The WYSIWYG editor now works as expected on Internet Explorer 11.x, display two or more editors on a catalog product edit page, and it no longer hangs indefinitely when you try to upload an image from the admin.
B2B Improvements in Magento Commerce 2.3.5
- “Could not save shared catalog” error solved.
- Ability to configure a downloadable product’s link options from the Admin View Quote page
- Admin can now place a quote order when paying with PayPal, when assigned appropriate permissions.
- Now, the products can be added to cart from Quick Order after a user’s Customer Group is updated
- The products with special characters are now displayed correctly in the Shared Catalogs in the admin and many more…
Magento 2.3.5 is all set to boost any Magento 2 eCommerce store until next 2.3.6 release. So, what you are waiting for! Get set and go for existing version upgrade to the latest Magento 2.3.5 and we are here to help you with your next Magento Migrations.