To get along with people either family, friends, or colleagues, a genuine connection with them is necessary. This includes touching on important values to lay the basis for trust and ultimately a solid relationship. Just talking about personal stuff or showing off however does not give you the desired results when it comes to the people’s connection.
The same works when you want to build brand awareness for your business. Clever PR and advertising help a brand to develop genuine customer connections. Once the company can achieve this, there is an organic expansion in brand awareness. Make sure that the targeted customer base responds to the brand and its products easily to facilitate the spread of awareness. Once you can build trust in the targeted community, selling the products to them becomes easy.
The aim is to earn brand equity and learn how to build brand awareness. The process starts with proper research to know your audience better.
It is impossible to get an idea about the targeted community without getting into the interactions with them.
To conduct proper research you can send those surveys and gain insight regarding customer behaviour. The questions asked in the survey centre around the wishes of the targeted people, their location, and the related age group. And thus you can tweak the campaign to accommodate the preference of your audience.
When asked why they are loyal to a brand, most people put cost, quality, consistency and experience front and centre. These four qualities are extremely important in the business world and making them the core base of your brand can bring a lot of success your way.
What is Brand Awareness?
It represents the familiarity of the target audience with a brand and eases of recognition make a brand popular, buzz-worthy, or trending. Establishing awareness is critical when promoting and marketing a company and its products, especially when it starts doing business. Awareness helps to embed the brand in the purchase habit and lifestyles of consumers.
Brand awareness being an abstract concept may create problems for business owners and marketers as they use numbers to define success. Without a metric to explain the results, confusion is natural but one knows that the absence of a perfectly determined metric does not signify zero values.
Achieve your marketing goals with successful brand awareness.
Brand Awareness Fosters Trust
The consumer today relies on reviews and extensive research before making a purchase so trust is important. Once the consumer forms a bond with a brand, repeat purchases become possible without almost any forethought. Those considering how to build brand awareness should know that it reduces the gap between loyalty and trust. After putting a face to the brand name, it becomes easy for the consumers to trust. Awareness efforts impart personality to a brand so be sincere, tell the story of your brand, and receive feedback. This method for building trust in the business sector works just as basic human interactions.
Helps Creating an Association
It is common to capitalize the first alphabet of a brand name to emphasize its importance. People often start equating brands with some common generic terms. This way, searching online becomes Googling, copying becomes Xeroxing, and the bandage turns into a Band-Aid application. Here, the capitalized words refer to brands and are not verbs or nouns. This in a way is paying homage to the brands and their capability to become an integral part of the life of people everywhere. This gives them a universal appeal and refers to the result of successful brand awareness tactics. This way people start associating products and actions with specific brands. It subconsciously encourages people to replace everyday words with branded terms. The simple and regular objects turn into marketing tools for brands. Referring to brands becomes lots of fun even if you are not using the products referred to in daily life.
Building up Brand Equity
Brand Equity refers to brand value and consumer experience regarding the brand and its overall perception determines this. Positive perception and experience signify positive equity and negative notions work this way too. Brand equity leads to higher prices resulting from high perceived value and increased stock prices. This facilitates business expansion through the extension of service or product lines. Positive social impact results from brand value. Increase the brand equity by building up awareness and consistent positive experience for the consumers. Awareness ensures recognition and people purchase its products and even prefer them over other brands. This establishes loyalty, increases sales, and inspires referral to friends and family. It makes brand awareness a critical element in business success. A company can establish bonding and trust with potential customers, building invaluable equity, and creating a positive association. This, in turn, turns a brand into a consumer staple and household name that everyone recognizes that brand and most importantly, trusts.
How to Establish Brand Awareness
Awareness regarding your brand and the public, in general, is never an overnight process stemming from marketing campaigns or advertisements. These results from simultaneous and multiple efforts extending beyond the simple aim to create a customer base. Simply advertising on social media platforms to get the word out is never enough because this gets the attention of the customer towards the product instead of the brand. The only aim here is to get people to purchase the products and achieve sales.
Some ways to build brand awareness and create a lasting influence on the target audience are the following.
Think Like a Person and not a Business
New friendships give you a chance to know about the likes, dislikes, hobbies, and passions of the other person. You may pay good attention to the way they speak, things that excite, and interest them. The brands determine such traits and promote them accordingly. To have some positive influence on the audience it is important to protect yourself not just as a business selling products and services but something more than that. This strikes a chord with people and increases their interest in the business and its offerings.
Connecting with customers on social media is crucial to building brand loyalty. In fact, 90% of customers purchase from brands that they follow on social media. So make your presence known!
Making Brand Social
Social contact and community interaction is critical for every human being. This helps you to remain connected, get recognition, and learn about new things. The brand works the same way so it is necessary to connect with your audience not simply to get support to make sales but just to be social. Otherwise, the business gets the label of having a single intent. The most successful brands post on various social media platforms about things other than their services or products. Audience interaction involves interactions, comments on posts, content sharing, retweeting, and asking questions. Social media is a place to connect and make friends and not just hoping to make some money.
Studies show that online sociability can help to build over 50% brand reputation. This leads to more awareness going beyond simple recognition.
One powerful way to market products is storytelling whether promoting brand or marketing products. This way the audience has something solid to recognize you with and connect. Telling the story of the brand projects a business as human and adds depth. You can weave the narrative into the marketing strategy for the brand and it can be anything but always going with the truth. It may tell the story of the founders, the origin of the brand, the first product, or business growth and expansion over the years.
People love hearing stories but make sure that it is authentic to make this impactful. Those wondering about how to build brand awareness should tell a powerful story that moves and enthrals the audience in equal measures.
Sharing Made Easy
Whatever the product offering, marketing strategy, or industry, the audience should be able to share the content they want easily. This can be as sponsored content, blog post, social network post, product page, or video. The length of the content does not matter as long people can share it with ease. For establishing familiarity and trust, marketing by the way of word-of-mouth is most effective. With a family member or friend giving product recommendations, people tend to notice a product faster. They want to know whether they can explore the brand with good, reliable products, and social accounts to facilitate a happening talk.
A brand should make it easy for its customers to post about its products and services. Increase the brand awareness with a simple, ‘Share’ button. According to the marketing experts, awareness is mainly about the influence or impact of the business on its target audience. Interact with the audience without just asking for loyalty, participation, or money. Such a shallow approach never leads to a lasting influence.
“Word of Mouth” marketing is still one of the best forms of marketing. It becomes even clearer why if you consider the fact that up to 62% of consumers are likely to share various online deals with their friends and family.
Businesses with existing brand awareness can build upon a strong foundation and increase the reach constantly.
Some campaigns ideas for boosting the awareness part and making more people know about its presence are the following.
This business model offers basic product lines or products free of cost with charges only for products deemed enterprise-level or premium. Some popular software companies use this pricing strategy to get results and expand brand awareness. The Freemium option gives the customers first-hand experience regarding your products and the brand before making a purchase. This try before purchase opportunity lasts forever and is different from the strategy of giving some trial period free to the consumer.
Offering a freemium option is a common strategy with the watermark of the brand visible on the public-facing component of the service or product. Freemium works well because the consumer enjoys the product without paying and during the period, the brand may enjoy free advertising. This happens when the consumer is using this. Some software companies offer this option to their consumers where they should include a thank-you page featuring the brand’s message and logo. Based on the product offer and business type, this strategy raises awareness regarding your brand and the target audience knows about your presence.
Free Content Creation
Those who are looking for how to build and increase brand awareness should know that content creation is an easy way to achieve this. This is important that modern consumers turn to the online medium to know about everything to get answers. Content is a fun way for raising awareness because it shows the personality of the company besides sharing positions and opinions on issues. This humanizes and personifies the brand.
Written form the content is not important and you can create infographics, videos, and podcasts among others. Written content as the downloadable guides and blogs are easy to do but there are other options too. Besides the website of the company, sponsored content and guest posting provide the opportunities to get services and products before the desired audience. This diversifies the content creation too.
With the brand not creating any content, they miss on various opportunities to make people aware of their presence. With the content, you can connect with the audience authentically and the brand name gets in front of the desired customers.
Events like exhibitions, festivals, fairs, and concerts require brand sponsorships. You can get the business and its products before the maximum number of people by sponsoring events. There may be hundreds to millions forming a part of the audience you target for our offerings. By sponsoring events you can get the name of the brand on all types of products like flyers, banners, water bottles and more. This helps to get the word out among the people that matter to your business.
Sponsoring events to facilitate pinning the brand name on events matching the passion, interest, and personality. This means that the consumer can associate the brand with the event and the character and aesthetics.
On average, it takes about 7 seconds to make the first impression for anyone. So ensure that everything about your brand’s presence is top-notch in order to secure a positive first impression.
Imparting Personality to the Brand
Treat a brand as people and define its narrative when you want to know how to build brand awareness. After this, infuse some personality in the marketing efforts. Market the services and products with personality and this boosts the brand awareness. This in turn makes the brand shine through. The consumers note the products you market and the advertising strategy used gives them a taste of the brand personality. This strategy works well when combining traditional campaigns with awareness campaigns for the brand. This may not even be the same yet similarities may be present. The most successful advertising strategies combine humour and personality while mentioning the product throughout. The ad campaigns affect the viewers so that they get back to the ads later because they feel nostalgic. These days, social media platforms allow customers to relieve their experiences any time they want. This builds brand loyalty and people get back to the business to buy their perennial favourite to try the new offerings.
Launching a Podcast
Listening to podcasts is a new favourite with people so that these have become an important part of everyday lives and the marketing efforts for businesses. The podcasts may be a difficult process created only with a microphone and studio to develop professional-quality results that the audience likes. Today, however, the process has become easier so that you can release and create the podcast to bring your brand before the targeted audience. Those looking to build brand awareness find that this strategy does wonders related to the awareness effort.
Podcasts work just like any visual or written content and give you the means to connect with the desired audience authentically. There is no need to promote a service or product blatantly because with podcasts you can entertain advice, educate, and inform the audience. This helps you to build trust and get customer loyalty. The best podcasts related to your service, products, ad brand message. This way, you can relate these to the brand and expand the awareness to more people and newer markets.
Both growing and building awareness for the brand is a continuous process so boosting this with campaigns allows the business to utilize the advertising and marketing opportunities available. Otherwise investing in such aspects is not feasible. You want to make the most of every powerful and new way to get before your targeted audience and connect with them to maximize exposure.
Simply having the strategies in place once you know how to build and increase brand awareness is not enough. You want to measure their success and determine whether you are getting the results you seek. Customers may need changes in direction, fix the crisis immediately, or beat the competition to remain successful and happening in the market. It is possible to measure this just like every other metric for marketing. Know that measuring this by the standard and traditional means is not enough. It is possible to review the metrics and activities that measure the standing of the brand based on consumer awareness and popularity.
Some ways to determine the awareness success of your brand and learn the best way to tweak and improve the marketing efforts are the following.
Quantitative Measures for Brand Awareness
Numbers can paint a holistic view related to brand awareness and for quantitative measurement, some important metrics are the following.
- Direct Traffic: This results from people visiting the business site and typing the URL intentionally. The traffic number tells a company about the success of their marketing campaign and the people visiting because of this to the business site. The metric is important especially today with many consumers discovering brands via advertisement and social media. They may even type the related keyword for a product or brand. With the consumers getting to the business website directly, know that they are aware of the brand beforehand.
- Traffic to the Website: it reflects the site traffic overall and identifies the number of people checking the content on the business site and spending quality time with the brand. This however does not identify the source of the traffic but knows that the visitors are interested in the brand enough to visit automatically.
- Social Engagement: this may refer to likes, followers, comments, and retweets. This reflects on the number of visitors to the brand website, the impact of the content there, and socializing opportunities.
More About the Metrics for Qualitative Brand Awareness
Such steps become important when the score of brand awareness is not clear and the measurement is not easy. There are tactics to determine the number of people recognizing the brands. Qualitative measurement includes the following.
- Google Search and Alerts: This lets you know about the discussions online regarding your brand so you can determine how well it is doing. Google Alerts, tell you about any mentions or news by third parties. With the growth of the brand, keeping track of the customer response and their requirements becomes difficult. Business expansion leads to the growth of discussion regarding your products and services beyond the website so tracking this is crucial.
- Running Surveys: Here you get the direct audience and customer feedback so it is helpful to identify the people recognizing your brand and their opinions regarding it. There are apps to release surveys and share on social media platforms and directly with the customers. You want to learn about the best way to both promote and create the surveys to achieve the desired results.
- Social Listening: This involves the monitoring of the management tools related to organic engagement and mention. Know about the people tagging the brand, using post hashtags, and mentioning this in comments. Use the available tools to discover this aspect and with more audiences discussing brands on the social networking platforms, awareness regarding it increases.
Such qualitative and quantitative metrics allows the business to understand the degree of awareness regarding their business, brand, services, and products. You want to know about the acceptability of the brand among the public and targeted audience. Know that these may never be the perfect numbers you desire but keep the pulse on the measurement regularly. This allows you to keep on the pulse of the measure constantly and in turn, allows you to remain connected with the desired audience and take measures to determine the influence of the campaigns. Irrespective of the way you determine and build brand awareness for a business make sure that you avoid the most common mistakes to measure.
Awareness refers to a vague and powerful concept with a huge effect on the marketing efforts of a company, generating revenue, and consumer perception. Use the right techniques to establish and build awareness related to the brand. This way, a loyal audience becomes available that recognizes and prefers the brand. These are the repeat customers and bring referrals for your business.
Putting your brand values front and centre can be a great tool for generating more leads. As much as 89% of consumers relate to brands that share the same values as them.
Branding Statistics You Should Know
- Consistent branding across all channels increases revenue by 23%
- 89% of marketers say that Brand Awareness is their ultimate goal
- It takes between 5-7 interactions with a brand for people to start remembering it. So, when creating content for your brand, make sure you stay consistent across all platforms.
- 48% of consumers say their first purchase or interaction is the best time to earn their loyalty
- 91% of consumers would rather buy from an authentic brand
- 82% of investors want the companies they invest in to have a strong brand
- 66% of marketers believe their company will sacrifice growth instead of hurting their brand
- Only 48% of marketers say they measure metrics related to branding
- 94% of consumers will be loyal to companies that are transparent with their practices
- 73% of consumers love a brand because of great customer service
- Customers who have an emotional connection with a brand have a 3x higher Customer LTV (Customer Life Time Value).
- 31% of consumers say trustworthiness is the most important brand attribute
- 77% of brands think that having an online community improves brand awareness and credibility
- 37% of users will stick with a brand if they are part of a community
- Brand loyalty is worth 10x more than a single purchase
- 90% of users expect to have the same branding across all platforms/channels
- When companies rebrand, it usually costs them 5-10% of their yearly marketing budget
- When buying a product, 93% of buyers focus on brand colour. Yes, that’s true!
- 78% of consumers trust brands that produce custom content, compared to generic content
- 80% of readers think authentic content is the main factor that will drive them to follow or engage with a brand
- 69% of marketers say branded content is more effective than PR efforts
- 62% of millennials think online content will help build their brand loyalty
- 9% of brands didn’t include their company name in their logo
- 96% of people talking about brands on social media aren’t following those brands
- 72% of consumers will make a purchase from a brand if they follow that company on Twitter
- 45% of people will unfollow a brand if they do too much self-promotion
- Social media content shared by employees get 8x more engagement than from brand accounts
- Visual content is 40x more likely to be shared on social media
- 77% of users feel more positive about a brand after their Tweet is replied to
- 91% of users want brands to be authentic with their social media content
- 66% of Pinterest users would make purchases from branded content
Ready to Harness the Power of Brand Awareness?
When you want to know how to build and increase brand awareness, know that every brand has a special story to tell with its unique take on problems and unique voices. It is necessary to tell this story honestly to make it ring with your audience. You should use the technology, contacts, and tools available for spreading the message related to your brand. Once your strategy is in place and the message out to the desired audience, it is time to track the progress and tweak it as needed for optimal results.
Constant and steady improvements make the solution unique and special. If you want to narrate the journey of your brand, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our marketing leads. At KrishaWeb, we create brand value. Remember, good brands take time to watch, listen, and learn about the target audience. Do this consistently to facilitate awareness and compel people to start watching, listening, and learning about your brand.